Friday 7 October 2016

When I went to the dentist. By Bessie

I had to go to the dentist last week.   I didn't need any teefs out though, the doggy dentist said I have lovely teefs for a girl my age.  

Last Friday Mummy said to Daddy "Let's go camping tonight" so he said OK and when they got home from work they packed up the caravan and put me in the car and off we went to Ross on Wye for the weekend. 


When we got to the campsite we walked to Morrison's to get some food but neither of them could decide what they wanted so they both had to go in. That left the problem of what to do with me. 
"Let's put her in her pram and pretend she's a baby," says Daddy. 

"OK," says Mummy, "we might get barred for life but ho hum I'm a Tesco girl at heart."
"People will think it's our grandchild." says he marching in to the store. He who had downed a bottle of beer in 30 seconds flat and clearly hadn't thought THAT comment through. So they put me in my pram and ran in trying to avoid staff but they were EVERYWHERE. How many shelf stackers does one tiny supermarket need???? We got a few double takes but I think most people thought we just had a very hairy big nosed baby. Until baby decided she wanted to get out of the pram and started HOWLING.
"Run" hissed Mummy, "Run fast. Don't stop to speak to anyone. I'll finish here."

 Mummy was queueing at the checkout.  Daddy was running for the door, he got through the checkouts and was almost at the exit when the woman who mans the little stand they have where people ask silly questions heard the noise and started following him. She has almost caught up when another employee stepped in front and stopped him. Well, Mummy just saw her look in the pram and then they spoke for a second and he left so she thought she had thrown him out. The other woman stopped and went back to her silly question stand, happy that someone else had chucked him out. Mummy went outside and said haha you got busted and he said what the woman had actually done was whispered "Is that a Basset? I thought I recognised the noise. How sweet.". 

The next day we went into town and we had lunch outside a nice cafe.  I had a few chips and then slept in my pram.   We watched telly in the evening and the next morning we came home.


Last Sunday Mummy and Bryn took all us houndies for a day at the beach seeing as it might be the last nice day til Spring.  We went to Exmouth, we went for a nice walk up a hill then down to the beach but to be honest it was a bit far and it's a good job we took the pram.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.