Friday 7 October 2016

What I did on my Summer Holidays. By Lotty.

We went on our holidays to Ilfracombe.   Bessie didn't come cos she won't walk anywhere and Carly didn't come cos she doesn't like other dogs.  Anyway everyone said I deserved a treat after I nearly like properly died and everything.  So Bessie and Carly stayed home with Tom.  He didn't want to come cos he doesn't like camping.

So on a Thursday in August we went to Devon with our caravan.  We had lunch at Taunton Deane services on the way.  I had chips.  Katie had a panini.  Everyone else had a McDonalds.

Our campsite was lovely.  There was bunny rabbits and a lake and a meadow and free herbs to take and a pizza van came on Fridays and a million bathrooms.

On our first night we had been invited to Sarah and Gordon's for tea.  They live right up on the clifftop in a beautiful cottage.  They had 3 Bassets and a PBGV and they were all lovely.  Apparently I was not lovely and it is not OK to empty the bin and steal food out of people's hands.

On Friday we went to Ilfracombe.  Mummy said she wondered if we would see a Basset that she knew and we had only just parked the car when we saw a Basset and it turned out to be the Basset that she knew.   We went on the beach and we had a paddle and then Mummy fell in the sea cos she is an idiot.   We had lunch in a dog friendly fish and chip restaurant cos that is what you should always do at the seaside.   We went to an icecream shop and Mummy bought me a gravy icelolly but I didn't like it.  Daddy had a lick and he didn't like it either so she threw it in the bin.

In the evening there was parade in town so we walked into town to watch and we had to wait for hours for the parade.   Katie and Bryn got bored waiting and went to the chip shop.  While we was eating our chips the parade came past and there was a mariachi band letting off fireworks off the roof of their float.   Right next to me they let one off and the noise scared me to death.  Since I had my earsies removed I never heard a noise but this went right through my head.    It scared every dog in town and all the dogs started howling and barking and Mummy said we need to go now cos it was 8.50 and there was a firework display starting at 9 which they thought wouldn't bother me cos I am deaf.  As we were running up the hill to get back to the campsite before the fireworks started there were dozens of people with dogs running with us, a mass dog exodus escaping town.

On Saturday we went to Lynton and we had lunch in a dog friendly restaurant and Mummy spilled her water all over the table which was very embarrasing.  Then we met two men with a Basset and they asked if we were in Ilfracombe yesterday cos they thought they had seen us when they were driving through town and they hoped they would get chance to meet beautiful me.  Afterwards we went to Rock of Ages which was really nice and peaceful.  Then we went to this place called Woody Bay.  We had to walk a hundred miles to get to it and Katie moaned all the way and when we got there it was a bit pants so we turned round and walked all the way back to the car.

On Sunday we went to Woolacombe and we spent the day on the beach.  There are 2 beaches, one is dog friendly and one is not dog friendly but the dog beach was where all the cool people were.  I went for a paddle with Katie and Bryn and then I had a nap and we had lunch from a shop selling nice baguettes and pasties.  In the evening Daddy said we could go to a pub for tea as it was our last night so we went to this little country pub and had a really nice tea.

Next morning we had to pack up and go home.  We went to McDonalds for lunch on the way home.  I had a lovely holiday but I did miss my sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.